Brief overview: Cytopathology is a branch of pathology that studies and diagnoses at cellular level. The Department of Cytopathology helps to investigate disease involving a wide range of body sites. It helps to the diagnosis of cancers, diagnosis of some infectors and inflammatory conditions and screening for precarious conditions. This department currently process about 12-15 cases daily.
1) FNA(USG guided, CT guided and Normal)
2) Fluid cytology (Pap’s, fluid etc)
3) Grossing and reporting histopathological specimens
4) Frozen sections reporting
5) Core biopsy
6) Occasional clinical pathology reporting
7) Slides review( Referred to NICRH from different hospitals and Institutes)
8) Active participation in research and quality improvement activities, conferences. Academic session and slides discussion.
9) Training and teaching of medical technologists
10) Free campaign for screening and detection of breast cancer (yearly)
Facilities: Adequate staff and Equipments
1) Early detection of cancer patients with proper management within short time
2) Assurance of quality service
3) Development of skill in various technical filed