Brief Overview :
Department of Dental and facio-maxillary Surgical Oncology in National Institute of Cancer Research and Hospital was established in 2008 as outdoor basis. In 2009 indoor facilities established and 2 beds were allocated and we have started major Oral Cancer surgery under general anesthesia.Later our indoor services enriched with 4 nonpaying beds and Paying beds and Cabins as per availabilities On an average 8-10 patients admitted under our department. Later our indoor services enriched with 4nonpaying beds and Paying beds and Cabins as per availabilities. We are performing two days major operation in a week .Our dept. dealing with the patients referred from different institute all over country for diagnosis, definite surgical procedure and adjuvant therapy.
1. Major Surgery under General Anesthesia- Oral Cancer Surgery and Reconstruction by Pedicle flap as Pectoralis Major Myocutaneous Flap, Deltopectoralis, Naso labial, Tongue, Forehead , Abbe Eastlander and Microvascular flap as Radial Free Forearm Flap, Fibula Free Flap etc.
2. Minor Surgery under local anesthesia – Incisional and excisional biopsy, Wound dressing, Secondary stitches, Extraction etc.
3. Patient presentation in Departmental Tumor Board.
4. Patient presentation in Central Tumor board.
5. Look after patient reoffered from another dept. of our institute.
6. Researchwork undergoing in our dept.
1. Indoor facilities
- 4 Non-Paying bed, Paying bed and Cabin as per availability
2. Outdoor facilities
- Minor OT
1. Major Operation under General Anesthesia- Around 80 Patients / Year
2. Minor Operation under Local Anesthesia – 300 Patients /Year
3. Consultation- 1700 Patient /Year (Apx)
Research and Publication :
1. Late presentation of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma Patient : Analysis of 80 patients
2. Survey on Oral Cancer with Prevalence and antibiotic resistance studies of opportunistic Gram negative Bacilli from cancer site infection.
3. Histopathological Pattern of Oral and Oropharyngeal lesions :A study of 100 patients in a tertiary care hospital.
4. Smokeless Tobacco consumption and Oral Mucosal lesion among admitted patient in National Institute of Cancer Research and Hospital.
1. Management Pattern of Ewign’ Sarcoma of Jaw bones in a Tertiary care Hospital.
2. Relationship between histopathological malignancy grading of cervical lymph node metastasis : Analysis of 34 Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma Patients.
BDJ, Vol22, No2 2019, Pg.61-65